Acquired by British Land in 2013, Ealing Broadway combines over 400,000 sq ft of retail with 130,000 sq ft of offices. There are around 85 retail and leisure units including a 70,000 sq ft Primark, Marks & Spencer, Pandora, Next and River Island, as well as a library and a Nuffield Health gym.
British Land tendered their Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (M&E) contract in 2017, having reached the term of their agreement with one of the large industry corporates. The requirement was to deliver M&E services in accordance with SFG20, ensuring optimum compliance and best value whilst providing complete confidence in service delivery via a transparent CAFM solution and robust account ownership at both the engineering and managerial level.
As part of the M&E package of works Incentive Tec where possible, would self-deliver services to ensure the highest level of service was achieved. As a subsidiary of Incentive Tec M&E, Incentive Tec Fire & Security we’re perfectly placed to step in and take over the vast and complicated site-wide fire alarm network previously plagued with historical faults and false alarms in a bid to bring the system back under control.
Incentive Tec were delighted to have been awarded the contract in June 2017 and 4 years on, can boast the same account management and delivery team, providing the continuity of service and relationship British Land sought. Our engineering team know the site extremely well and have developed the site familiarity required to ensure an expedient, competent and friendly service delivery.
The contract is owned by a consistent team at the operational, tactical and strategic level, with the Account Director attending all monthly meetings and the Account Manager and Service Desk Co-Ordinator attending on a monthly basis.
Incentive Tec fire & Security were proud to have consistently exceeded the contractual KPIs throughout the first 4 years of the contract and have successfully further extended the contract. Incentive Tec Fire & Security have utilized cost-effective technology giving the site full visibility of their site-wide fire system with in-depth reporting required by their rigorous reporting platform
Since taking over the contract Incentive Tec fire and security has:
- Successfully taken over the site-wide fire alarm system
- Ensured all compliance visits are completed on schedule and completed remedial actions within agreed timescales
- Identified sources of false alarms and removed them from the system
- Provided ongoing site training on the use of the fire alarm system
- Ensured consistent account ownership at operational, tactical and strategic levels.
- Consistently achieved and subsequently stretched KPI goals.
- Successfully installed Nimbus and implemented electronic weekly tests
- Proactively identified intermittent faults and arranged remedial works prior to causing issues.
- Complete quarterly testing electronically and able to provide actual device test results.
- Working closely with retailers, remove round-robin fire signals, reducing false alarms
- Seamlessly work with incoming or outgoing retailers with interface connections.